How to age Bar Treads - HMVF TV.....:)

Jack

This tipper you are selling on HMVFTV - it would have been helpful if you could have run the engine and shown the state of the cab inside, rather than concentrating on the tyres. Oh, and no mention of asking price.... :whistle:

I've just checked a set of Uniroyals, the first 6 were all either AR77 or AR84, only then did I find AR80, AR73, NVR85.

So it is quite possible you are correct :dunno:

BTW, thought some of those tipper tyres were iffy, but shocked to find just now a couple of mine are not so good either, and they were 100% crack free when I put them on 3 years back. They were ex unused reserve Ben Hur trailers.....that's the trouble with N.O.S. tyres - now if we could only find a source of cheap new bartreads..... :banana:

Quite interesting that Jack, it certainly would make sense as most tyres have some sort of manufacturer's age code.

Well I can't take the credit for this one :computerterror2: Lawson my Brother in law told me about this one the other day and I found it very interesting....

PS The tipper is for sale - £20,000 - cash