Aerotrim EC04 Collapsible Refrigeration Unit

Surveyor

• 1 year later...
On 10/14/2020 at 9:41 PM, m109a3uk said:

Did you get any joy on manuals for this?? Did you get any joy with this I have one here at the mo that just runs the fan inside! sits at room temp!

ย 

I have one too, and same as m109a3uk, it sits at room temp just circulating the air in side. I thought it was the controller so I swapped that out but still the compressor does not kick in when a lower temp is set. Any insight gratefully received.

ย 

Same as yours, turned on with the circulation fan running and displayed the ambient temperature. After much investigation of the controllersย menu system I concluded that it had either been locked or was so old/damaged that it needed replacement.

I have built control panels for breweries and itโ€™s a very simple wiring circuit inside so it was a simple install of a cheep replacement. Works a treat now!

would a photo / wiring diagram help?

m109a3ukย it doesnโ€™t sound like your compressor is being triggered. The air circulation fan is on all the time and wired to the on/off switch.ย the chiller blower is on a separate circuit controlled directly by the temp controller (PID) so if this isnโ€™t kicking in and not getting coldย then there is no signal from it to the blower or the compressor. Therefore (same as me) I suggest getting a new controller and experiment with that..

No need to get anything more expensive for a number of reasons. First they are cheep at ยฃ15 and have all the functions / features needed.ย no point in spending 40 or 50 quid on something and finding itโ€™s the actual fridge thatโ€™s broken, you can always by a more expensive one later.

also, these STC 1000s have a 10amp relay, to cope with any surge,ย theyย have a heating function, and are compatible with the basic NTC temp probe already installed in the fridge.

Just wire up as per my photos below -ย terminal block used as a temporary solution.

AA20004E-A208-49B5-8E45-08087C499E80.jpeg

A1BA0C6F-5057-4871-ABB0-DACC0A953A65.jpeg

• Like 1

Thatโ€™s great news! I reckon the controllers, or some of them, are locked.

Any way good to hear yours is now working. What temperature have you managed to get down too? Iโ€™ve only achieved 2 degrees...

also, are you using a female circular power connector? If soย what is the part number and manufacturerย please?

cheers

• 1 year later...