British MV Advertisers - Deactivated?

Toni

I would like to put some observations to the forum for discussion.

I have recently sent replies asking for further information & prices to various classified adverts on the Milweb site and Classic Military Magazine. I have also sent replies to dealer and trade ads for a proposed purchase.

The only replies I get that respond quickly are from within mainland Europe!

What is happening to the British advertisers? I have sent enquiries to various advertisers via e-mail, or left messages on ansaphones (if the telephone numbers have been published). After several weeks I have only had an occaisonal reply or even acknowledgement that they have received my enquiry and are dealing with it!! All my enquiries were serious replies for the proposed purchase of vehicles where I was prepared to offer serious money!

Are these particular advertisers really serious about selling their vehicles etc. or are they just showing to all and sundry that they have a military vehicle, a web site address and a phone number?

I do not have the time to mess about - life is too short as it is!

Toni

The thing is with Milweb if the seller doesn't notify the website that they have sold the item what every it is the advert if left on there.Because of this you the buyer/browser doesn't know that it may be sold.

I presume the seller is getting so many e mails etc that they just ingnore them. All the avert that are on Milweb automatically get put in too Classic Military Vehicles so I presume it's the same story.

All the adverts that are on Milweb automatically get put in too Classic Military Vehicles so I presume it's the same story.

I find whenever I have put adverts on Milweb, that there has been a near zero response, apart from the scammers who will buy it without seeing with a bankers cheque. As soon as the Classic Military Vehicle mag comes out, the phone starts ringing...:?

Richard

Hello

Toni, I think you hit the nail right on the head.

Some dealers are just a website and a phone number.

On many occasions I've found a dealer on the web who has a large well laid out website with large stocks of the type of vehicle or spare I'm looking for. I phone during office hours but most of the time there's no answer but sometimes you get "the wife" who tells you to ring back after 7pm.

When you finally get hold of the chap he's got nothing in stock and probably never has had!

And why, if they have time to put an add on Milweb can't they find time to take it off when it's sold?

There are some very good dealers out there and you soon find out who they are.

What sort of vehicle are you looking for by the way?

Regards

Richard

What sort of vehicle are you looking for by the way?

I'm looking first of all for a Dodge M37 4x4 3/4 ton B1 series or CDN - complete and in good condition (running gear etc. - no faults) + user book, Parts & Workshop Manual, - all at a sensible price! With reference to the Forum Topic, and looking to the future I am interested in Medium Armour, Wheels & Tracks.

At the moment wheels are preferable to tracks because of the situation where I live - which may be the topic of a future thread!!