Introduction

Taco11FD02

Hey Guys,

MItch here, I go by Taco and I just bought a Fox that was owned by Gary Pave.  We got her down to FW and she is driving now..  I have owned five different Ferrets over the years and have one in my garage that was in the TV show "Dallas Car Sharks" but Reality TV is of course not reality.  Retired Marine LtCol and current airline pilot flying around the US domestically.  I live in Fort Worth and we have a small group with three Mk 2/3 and one Mk 1 Ferrets.  I now have a Fox and another owner not far away has a Fox.  We should be able to field four Ferrets and two Foxes this summer as we go to a Parade or out to eat.  Appriciate the join Lee and thanks again in advance for the help here!

Semper Fi

Taco

The vehicle was overhauled by Baz a few years ago and the engine and bottom of the engine bay are clean as a whistle. I wish there was a way to easily access that sump without having to take the back armour off.  I hear that is One of the main things to look out for.

6D7D2DF3-DC3C-488B-8FD5-4357F59EBE96.jpeg

9724958F-06C6-4487-8696-5873E6DF2D15.jpeg

2 hours ago, Taco11FD02 said:

The vehicle was overhauled by Baz a few years ago and the engine and bottom of the engine bay are clean as a whistle. I wish there was a way to easily access that sump without having to take the back armour off.  I hear that is One of the main things to look out for.

Best of luck Taco,

I worked on these vehicles from when they came into service until they were withdrawn, we did work for a number of different units equipped with them in the area.

When taking the rear armour off there is one thing you do not want to see, that is a twisted or broken con-rod laying inside there, and I have seen quite a few. I recall we had a bracket that bolted across the rear armour that slotted in to a large trolley jack, that way it could be withdrawn by one person complete with silencer (or muffler for those on the other side of the pond).

regards, Richard