1940 Austin K3 Military truck barn find complete ultra Rare army

Morris C8

Looks a good project certainly worth saving not sure about the tipping gear probably used to transport grain from farm to silo if  my reading of the contract number is right V.3933 two batches produced against that contract L-239172 to 239388 and later L-759851 to 761099 including a number produced against contract V.3992 - but I could be wrong

Looks a good project, but there is a lot of work and not for the faint hearted. Might be tempted in the price was lower

This is in a yard just down the road from me, let me know if you are seriously thinking about buying it and I should be able to wander down and take a load more photos for you

Cheers

Richard

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2018 at 12:41 PM, Baz48 said:

Looks a good project certainly worth saving not sure about the tipping gear probably used to transport grain from farm to silo if  my reading of the contract number is right V.3933 two batches produced against that contract L-239172 to 239388 and later L-759851 to 761099 including a number produced against contract V.3992 - but I could be wrong

Do you have any Austin lorry records? I am interesting for my research. Thanks Radek

22 hours ago, Radek said:

Do you have any Austin lorry records? I am interesting for my research. Thanks Radek

Hi Redek - all I have is the Chilwell list which is concerned with Army Soft Skin Vehicles - it dose give contract numbers against census numbers and in a few instances end users - not sure if this helps

23 hours ago, Baz48 said:

Hi Redek - all I have is the Chilwell list which is concerned with Army Soft Skin Vehicles - it dose give contract numbers against census numbers and in a few instances end users - not sure if this helps

That will be fine for another chart - Austin ww2 contracts. Could you shere it to me? Thanks