GMC CCKW 353 A2 1944 'Jimmy'

paul connor

1944 GMC CCKW 353 A2 (Banjo Axle)

Hard cab truck with steel load-bed. Rear wooden folding benches.  Great overall condition, one of the best ‘Jimmys’ I have seen.

11 Very good tyres, mostly Firestone. This was a body off restoration around 5 years ago.

Cab roof hatch with canvas cover, so could have a 50cal and gun ring installed if you have one.

Engine is a French recon from the 1960’s as this truck continued in French service after the War, but the correct wartime engine.

Great condition rear canvas with no leaks. Indicators sympathetically hidden in period 1940’s lights.

12v Jolly alternator conversion, with 12v fuel pump and alternator.

A small amount of spares included, including a starter motor, seals, some ignition parts and gaskets.

2x large folder manuals for service and maintenance.

Starts every time. Brakes are excellent. Drives very well with no wandering or usual bad points these trucks can have.

Fuel – this truck will do 8-12mpg depending how driven.

This truck will be available for viewing at War & Peace 2018 @ Paddock Wood, Kent from the 19th – 29th July. Located at the Kelly's Heroes group stand in Monkton field.  It is stored in Uckfield, East Sussex.               

This really is a lovely truck. It has been reliable the last two years I have owned it, and I even know the previous 2 owners before that. It has been a Sussex truck since the 1990’s. I am only selling due to business prospects, or I would honestly keep this truck.

I would consider Willys MB, Ford GPW, Dodge WC series (any) restoration projects, or a LHD Land Rover Defender as P/X or trade.  

Price £11500 o.v.n.o

Come and have a chat...

Regards

Paul

20180707_090449.jpg

20180707_090519.jpg

20180707_090537.jpg

20180707_090545.jpg

HTC dumpNew 2895.jpg

img_2.jpg

Untitled-12 copy.jpg