T16 tool list needed

woa2

Does anyone here have an illustrated Tool List for an American made T16 carrier? I volunteer at the Museum of English Rural Life (MERL) and they need details of the folding saw that went in the tool kit, and they asked me for help.  Ideally a scanned copy of the tool list would be ideal. If you can help, please contact me.

Many thanks.

Robert Davey

• 2 months later...

Hi Robert,  I do have a parts book and should have the illustration in that or the TM.   can you let me have an e mail and I will try to scan this later if its there.   I am however, intrigued why the museum specifically wants pictures of a T16 folding saw!

With thanks to David Gordon, author of Weapons of the WW2 Tommy, and ex owner of a T16, he has kindly provided this photo of his kit including the correct folding saw.    Interesting as it made me realise I have one of these somewhere that came with a Dingo I bought a few years ago. 

Hope this helps

ToolLayout3.jpg

The kit is virtually the same as the WWI-WWII British folding saw kits which came in both leather and webbing pouches.  Only difference here is the board the rolled blade is strapped to and the pouch being rectangular instead of square.  The pouch is USA made and will have G166 / GAU specific nomenclature on the outside. 

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:18 AM, AmphibAndy said:

Hi Robert,  I do have a parts book and should have the illustration in that or the TM.   can you let me have an e mail and I will try to scan this later if its there.   I am however, intrigued why the museum specifically wants pictures of a T16 folding saw!

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:18 AM, AmphibAndy said:

email is robert.davey6@btinternet.com

Reason they want the info is to add details to their records of a saw they have in their collection.

Many thanks