NEWS - Nazi-era tanks to be cut up!!

Jack

Shame,...............in a way.

History, is History;

Having said that, we in this country have allowed wartime 'relics', to be pulled down/cut up, etc.

the old indian saying,......something along the lines of....(and yes, I know I won't get it right, :whistle:)

"when the last tree has been cut down,

when the last clean water has been poluted

when the clean air, we breath has been despoiled,

Its only then we realise what we have lost"

Andy

Shame,...............in a way.

History, is History;

Having said that, we in this country have allowed wartime 'relics', to be pulled down/cut up, etc.

the old indian saying,......something along the lines of....(and yes, I know I won't get it right, :whistle:)

"when the last tree has been cut down,

when the last clean water has been poluted

when the clean air, we breath has been despoiled,

Its only then we realise what we have lost"

Andy

Not far off - but it ends with 'Its only then we realise what we can't eat money'.

The whole quote is on my good lady's T Shirt.

T shirts and posters, seem to show some great messages, at times. :-)

Quite agree with that. I used to have one that said "Adolph Hitler European Tour 1939 to 1945" with all the European Countries and their invasion dates. It had cancelled next to Great Britain and Russia. The last time i wore it i was out in the Autocar and had a long chat about the truck with a German who was over on holiday. He was a very nice guy and he laughed a great deal at my attempt at speaking German. I felt rather embarrased to wear it that day and threw it away when i got home. Funnily enough a similar experience happened to me when i was in Rome one day with the famous "I like the Pope....." T shirt. I mostly wear plain T shirts now.

Anyway, my point is that the word "scrapped" in journalese means gotten rid off. Scrapped means in the vehicle collecting fraternity, well scrapped. I am certain that all of these vehicles (if they are all German, it looked like there was a STUG there) will be hauled out and will reappear in museums or in the collecting world. There is just too much money involved. Bob Fleming has already packed his suitcase i understand.

Tim (too)