Saladin 04CC45 Powerpack

cooler07

Well done guys. Great photos with good detail. Dedicated cart with big enough wheels to get around without stalling on a grain of sand. I also enjoy seeing the shop people work out of, at times finding as much interest in the tools , layout and equipment as in the vehicles themselves. Thanks for the post.

Well done guys. Great photos with good detail. Dedicated cart with big enough wheels to get around without stalling on a grain of sand. I also enjoy seeing the shop people work out of, at times finding as much interest in the tools , layout and equipment as in the vehicles themselves. Thanks for the post.

Thanks for the comments! Yeah I learned sometime back that if has wheels it makes life easier!!

Cheers

Its good to see your photos as I will eventually need to pull mine to replace the fluid coupling seal. I knew it was a problem when I bought the vehicle and it improved with some use that it had not see for some time. But leaking " less " is not where I want to be, so it will come out.

Its good to see your photos as I will eventually need to pull mine to replace the fluid coupling seal. I knew it was a problem when I bought the vehicle and it improved with some use that it had not see for some time. But leaking " less " is not where I want to be, so it will come out.

Do you have any pictures of your vehicle? Would like to see it!!!!

Hello Richard,

Good to hear from you, it has been a while since I have posted much.

As to the numbers, I came away from my purchase with the belief they were just made up and there was no interior data plate at all. A gentleman from the UK contacted me recently asking for some information that he thought would help him establish a small data base for the purpose of registering his own. He directed me to a small numbered hull plate on the rear and a similar plate on the turret behind the cable reel. Would those numbers help any in identifying the actual number the vehicle should have? My only other clues have been some clumps of sandy red soil and a coin I found in the hull. The family I bought it from here in the US obtained it from Anthony Budge. I do not know if it was purchased elsewhere and restored by Budge or already owned by Budge. Any and all help appreciated.

Regards,

Bob

Excellent Saladin!!!!!!

Never seen this one before! Where you located?

Cheers!

Located in Central Indiana. I cannot lay claim to having a hand in its condition. It was already nicely restored and appointed with a considerable amount of kit.

An odd story for you that I may have told here previously. I was at the Knob Creek MG shoot a couple of years ago having a brief discussion with a vendor who I knew also had a Saladin. Another gentleman overheard the conversation and introduced himself as another owner, then paused and yelled across two aisles to a friend who immediately came over and he also owned one. So there we stood, four Saladin owners and a gathering that had nothing to do with vehicles. I have no idea how many are in the US, but I would guess we may have represented a good percentage of what is here.

Regards,

Bob

07BA21 ........ that looks to early for a Saladin and is likely to be the ARN for a Centurion ........ but 07BB21 was a Saladin and apparently it served at one point with the 17/21 Lancers in Cyprus.

regards, Richard

Hi Richard; great to see you on here, been sometime since we talked,,, have a great new year!!!

James

Located in Central Indiana. I cannot lay claim to having a hand in its condition. It was already nicely restored and appointed with a considerable amount of kit.

An odd story for you that I may have told here previously. I was at the Knob Creek MG shoot a couple of years ago having a brief discussion with a vendor who I knew also had a Saladin. Another gentleman overheard the conversation and introduced himself as another owner, then paused and yelled across two aisles to a friend who immediately came over and he also owned one. So there we stood, four Saladin owners and a gathering that had nothing to do with vehicles. I have no idea how many are in the US, but I would guess we may have represented a good percentage of what is here.

Regards,

Bob

Thanks Bob, great info and very interesting. We have 3 here and have tracked down 5 more around the country. I'll get our intel guy to start a new list. If you have anymore info on other Saladin's it would be great.

Also if you choose you can contact us on FaceBook at....https://www.facebook.com/4thlancers/

Look forward to talking with you.

Regards

James

Hello Richard,

Good to hear from you, it has been a while since I have posted much.

As to the numbers, I came away from my purchase with the belief they were just made up and there was no interior data plate at all. A gentleman from the UK contacted me recently asking for some information that he thought would help him establish a small data base for the purpose of registering his own. He directed me to a small numbered hull plate on the rear

Hi Bob,

Good to hear from you.

The number on the hull pate that you found would appear to be the Alvis build number, same with Saracen and Stalwart. These numbers do not appear to be recorded on the army vehicle record card, it is always the army registration that is used. The best I can suggest is that if you are in contact with other owners who do have the interior data plate still on their vehicles is to get them to give you the army registration number and the hull number (forget the turret number). Once you have several of these it might be possible that hull numbers and reg numbers run in order. If they do it might be possible to deduce your reg number. I have done this before on WW2 Daimlers and luckily they all ran in order.

Hope this helps.

regards Richard

Bob,

Great looking Saladin. Any chance of getting photos of the inside.

Regards,

Skip

Hello Skip,

Are you part of the group of 3 in the video? Happy to provide some photos of the interior. Anything in particular you are interested in? I do not want to flood the forum with pics that not everyone may be interested in. I could send them separately to an e-mail address or post them here if there is an interest from others?

Regards,

Bob

Once you have several of these it might be possible that hull numbers and reg numbers run in order. If they do it might be possible to deduce your reg number. I have done this before on WW2 Daimlers and luckily they all ran in order.

Hope this helps.

regards Richard

They run in order on FV430 series too (built by GKN)

David