Steve from Norfolk.

steph1960

Hi all

My main interest is old motorcycles and I have a collection of bikes dating from 1923 to 1971, 8 British and 1 Italian. I recently acquired the attached Triumph 3HW in RAF trim and my plan is to return it to the livery as shown in the photo provided by a previous owner.

I am not sure where the serial number on the tank has been sourced from as I calculate the serial number to be C5570320, though I may be wrong.

It wont be a full restoration I will just get the paintwork done and rebuild it with the original unrestored fittings, the engine runs nicely so I will just get riding it.

Regards

Steve

image002.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome to the forum what other bikes have you got.I am into bikes to and am slowly working my way backwards towards WW2 bikes lol

Simon

Hi Simon

All my other bikes are civilian models, 5 BSA`s, 1 Scott, 1 Gilera and another Triumph.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

Your triumph looks very nice, well done!

I'm in Norfolk too and have a few British bikes including a restored 1940 Triumph 3sw and an almost finished 1942 triumph 3hw.

Cheers,

Simon

Thanks Simon

A nice 3S too. Is there much military motorcycle activity in Norfolk, I do most of my riding with the local VMCC?

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

There are a few people floating about with WD bikes but no 'scene' as such.

Do you go to the vmcc shake down event at tibenham? We may go to that as its local go us although we make take pre war civilian machines!

Cheers,

Simon

Hi Simon

The Shakedown has moved venues this year and its not one I normally attend due to it being on the Bank Holiday Monday.

No doubt something will happen during the year.

Steve