Triumph 3TW

Ron

I was talking to someone this week about the bombing of the Triumph works in November 1940 and have been looking at pictures of their model 3TW that was about to go into heavy production. I noticed that the early prototypes and pre production bikes have Triumph forks fitted and with side check springs (this was a feature on the Tiger 100). But then I noticed that the production model has Webb forks fitted also with side check springs. (Webb forks were also fitted to 3HW's but with no side check springs)

Here are a few pictures. The first one is captioned as Speedtwin 1941?? It must be 1940. The second picture includes Graham Walker on the right (Murray's Dad). Next is the production model (nearly all lost in the bombing) and the only surviving example that I know of at Beaulieu......Just for interest Ron

Scan-140910-0002.jpg

Triumph%20Twin%20Graham%20Walker.jpg

DSC_0468_zpse476173f.jpg

6472.jpg

Edited by Ron

Ha Ha! Well I do know of someone with a genuine engine, and for years I've heard of his intention to build a replica. The Webb forks, wheels, mudguards, and other parts would all be obtainable "Eventually" But I don't know what frame would be available or suitable for conversion. Ron