9.00 x 22 tyre and wheel also 9 x 24

rustexpert

I have got a 9 x 22 tyre and wheel, road tread, looks quite good for potential further use. Give me a ring. 07858414565.

probably not for military I have also a 9 x 24 similar condition would sooner swap for 40 x 8 similar condition or any non offset 40x8 rims.

A 40x8 in the later nomenclature would be something like 8x24 or a 9x24 would be something like 42x9; an ex Scammell man says that they called them tall 8's and tall 9's or something like that. They are similar and fit on the same rims but unless you have a pair. I don't really want to go any bigger diameter than 40" nominal swapping the 9x24 for a 40 x 8 makes sense to me. They are all rocking horse poo and my trailer doesn't justify new 40x8 rubber.

The diameter of the brake drums on my trailer will only take 24" rims, I might suggest that if your Mack brake drums will take 20" rims then go for 10x20 similar overall diameter and readily available. Must be an unusual Mack on 40x8's. I know you know what you are doing so don't take any of that wrong.

Edited by rustexpert

Mmm

I have both 40x8s and 9x24s and there is no discernible difference as far as I can see (mind you I might need to pop down to specsavers!)

I should be getting a few used covers in soon and can sort you a pair if you like. As for rims likewise - but most that I can lay my hands on have quite an offset as they are truck ones. I do have a couple of interesting zero offset wheels though which are currently mounted on a traction engine axle so I might take a pic of them as they might be of use to you,

My Mack is a 1929 chain-drive AC by the way on 24 inch Budd type wheels.