ferret b60 cold start cable seized

jim fl4

Hello, Yet another question :shocked:

This time its about the cold start cable. It appears to be stuck, the lever on the carb is free. Before I attempt anything wondered if anyone has any experience with this that they might want to share :nut:. My idea had been to free the inner cable but expect to have to remove the whole cable first :cry:, then soak in diesel/paraffin, but what do you think?

Thanks

Jim

Jim your suggestion has worked for me. I have a B60 in a Pig that runs quite well, so much so that I have disconnected the choke cable. I follow the start proceed recommended for Pigs in NI. Provided the engine has run recently (& doesn't need priming manually), just a couple pumps on the accelerator then start up. If not pump a few times as you turn it over.

So no more stuck cables or forgetting to push the choke in or pushing it in to find that it hasn't fully operated on the carb itself.

Jim your suggestion has worked for me. I have a B60 in a Pig that runs quite well, so much so that I have disconnected the choke cable. I follow the start proceed recommended for Pigs in NI. Provided the engine has run recently (& doesn't need priming manually), just a couple pumps on the accelerator then start up. If not pump a few times as you turn it over.

So no more stuck cables or forgetting to push the choke in or pushing it in to find that it hasn't fully operated on the carb itself.

Hi Clive, Interesting, because this engine also seems to start very well without any choke. Only problem is the revs are low and the engine only just manages to tickover until it warms up...maybe I should free up the hand throttle!!

Thanks for your reply :-)

Jim