Matador ID plate

HUC 981

Hi there,

I am a new member and would like some help with dating a Matador which belongs to an elderly friend. He still uses the Matador to winch timber occasionally. I hope someone can help.Plate details below.

47 RB 82

Rebuild 6/50 B.298 I.F.V.

Specific 4 55 B403

DATE 1942 wartime census number H 4950931 CONTRACT number VM 11373 for 1289 vehicles

Hello,

Thank you very much for swift reply and the information! I am amazed. Do you know if there is any way of finding out which branch of services Matador was in and where it served? Perhaps that's a bit much to ask? Any other info will be greatly appreciated.

Oh by the way, the old girl still runs well and winches without any bother!

Hello,

Thank you very much for swift reply and the information! I am amazed. Do you know if there is any way of finding out which branch of services Matador was in and where it served? Perhaps that's a bit much to ask? Any other info will be greatly appreciated.

Oh by the way, the old girl still runs well and winches without any bother!

Hello,

The Census number suggests that this was an Army vehicle and to find out more about it's service life you could contact The Royal Logistics Corps Museum in Deepcut as they hold a lot of Army records in their archives. I did a quick vehicle search online and they do hold a key Card for this vehicle.

Ian.

Hello,

The Census number suggests that this was an Army vehicle and to find out more about it's service life you could contact The Royal Logistics Corps Museum in Deepcut as they hold a lot of Army records in their archives. I did a quick vehicle search online and they do hold a key Card for this vehicle.

Ian.

Thank you Ian, I will check it out and hopefully find something interesting.

Brian