daimler dingo Mk2

ROVER

Hello Richard, thanks for the number but what vehicle does this match to, i know it is for the dingo but does it have any other application.ie jaguar,land rover Daimler ?? cant seem to find any match using the number you gave me.

thanks

Clive

Hello Richard, thanks for the number but what vehicle does this match to, i know it is for the dingo but does it have any other application.ie jaguar,land rover Daimler ?? cant seem to find any match using the number you gave me.

thanks

Clive

Clive,

It is a "governed" rotor arm, with a centrifugal cut out set for the RPM stamped on it. They were fitted to all the military Lucas screened distributors, different part numbers for different engines due to rpm settings. You could use a conventional rotor arm as I am sure you will not be over-speeding the engine. I do not have a number for any other standard type rotor arms that would fit.

Clive,

It is a "governed" rotor arm, with a centrifugal cut out set for the RPM stamped on it. They were fitted to all the military Lucas screened distributors, different part numbers for different engines due to rpm settings. You could use a conventional rotor arm as I am sure you will not be over-speeding the engine. I do not have a number for any other standard type rotor arms that would fit.

And if it's cutting in too son file a little off the weight and if too late lay some solder on it.

or like the squaddies did with the Rolls engines, wedge a matchstick in the weight, then you can eliminate the cut out! Came across this a lot when working in REME workshops.

I learned this sort of trick when attached to the Royal Horse Guards who were running dingoes and Daimler Armoured cars at the time. It's a long time ago now and I've forgotten a lot of things but this one stuck.

How many photos of dingos in service do the RCA museum have?

might be interested in a swap photos for a rotor....I have a few spare.

does it need to be the Rev limiter type I also have the fixed alternative

cheers 'Singe'

http://www.daimler-fighting-vehicles.co.uk/

Singe, thanks for the offer will have to look for photos, our dingo came from the Bill Gregg collection it does run, but we are doing a service on it and found the rotor to be cracked, hence the enquiry. as to the rev type probably wouldn't matter, since we are the only ones to drive it

thanks

Clive