New member from Worcs

Pinkrover

Hi All,

My name is Les and I have a Land Rover 101 fc, originally it was a GS nut a previous owner converted it into a radio body.

I use it as a green lane camper in the UK and for trips abroad.

My apologies to any purist but my 101 is not a concours MV, but is modified to allow me to use it as much as I can to get me out green laning and wild camping.

I am in the process of fitting working Clansman radios into Shrek, ( as my 101 is known ), which is why I have joined the forum. I have recently gained my foundation radio licence and am studying for the intermediate, (call sign M6IOI) so I can use the Clansman sets, (i do know this is a bit of grey area regarding use of ex-military radios on ameteur licenses, which Is why I am working my way up to a full license as quickly as I can, plus I have commercial vhf and hf radios to use until I am fully licenced).

You will find me mostly in the radio sections , but if I ever win the lottery a Stolly and a Scamell will be on my shopping list :-)

Les

M6IOI

Hi and welcome. Don't worry about the purists. The people here are friendly.

:)

Thanks for the welcome Toner,

I don't worry about the purist, (I was in the 101 club and they have some really OCD rivet counters), I was just being polite as a newcomer to the forum.

I nearly forgot to introduce Shrek :-)

IMG_1282.jpg

Les

M6IOI

....see, that picture has made me want one again, I thought I was cured:undecided:

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the welcome rog8811,

there is no known cure for 101itis, they are the ultimate Land Rover , after you have driven one nothing else will satisfy you :undecided:

heres another picture to feed your addiction :-)

Shrek by sjeroens3.jpg

Les

M6IOI