Scorpion gun sight

donegalpatrol

The sights are fairly expensive (350GBP is what I've seen) and somewhat scarce, the commander's sight is worse.

You don't specify which bins you are looking for or if you are after the old, middle series, or new bins.

Granted the Scorpions didn't usually get the new series bins but depending on your hull and desires I've seen it done.

I'm considering a set of new type front bins myself since I happen to have the new headlights and all and I've not seen wading screens available. :-)

The Xmod, Marcus Glenn , and such often have at least some bins for sale.

I guess the bottom line is expect replacing the missing bits to set you back more than you might have thought, it's a good part of the reason a project vehicle is much cheaper than a complete one.

Good luck in your quest.

• 11 months later...
The sights are fairly expensive (350GBP is what I've seen) and somewhat scarce, the commander's sight is worse.

You don't specify which bins you are looking for or if you are after the old, middle series, or new bins.

Granted the Scorpions didn't usually get the new series bins but depending on your hull and desires I've seen it done.

I'm considering a set of new type front bins myself since I happen to have the new headlights and all and I've not seen wading screens available. :-)

The Xmod, Marcus Glenn , and such often have at least some bins for sale.

I guess the bottom line is expect replacing the missing bits to set you back more than you might have thought, it's a good part of the reason a project vehicle is much cheaper than a complete one.

Good luck in your quest.

Wrt bins. Once the grown-ups worked out that German rivers were not suitable for wading by CVR(T) because the banks were all wrong, and besides, the screens didn't get maintained, so if you did swim, chances are it'd sink, we removed them. This left a surprising amount of space for extra bins, storage always having been at a premium.

So we fitted as many Chieftain bins on the float screen mounts as we could. Before the midlife upgrade, including bigger headlights above the screen mount, this included along the front, above the headlights. Those were great and in the early 80s for carrying plenty of yellow handbags.

The midlife upgrade addressed some of these issues, but I was long gone.

There is a general scarcity of CVRT bins of certain types. I know one collector had a run of turret side bins made, and they went very quickly. I have an original for one side, but am missing the other. I'm fortunate in that other than the one turret side bin, we have a full set for our project vehicle. Possibly not all from the same eras though! Gunner and commander sights are becoming scarce, night sights even more so. Again, lucky us, we have both and a NOS gunners night sight. Other than the later style front bins, I've not seen many up at what some would call "reasonable" prices. Those that are advertised are the prices they are due to scarcity (a bit like Ferret stowage bins).