Merlin Report for my Scimitar

drboltz

With that number, it started life as a Scorpion. The earliest Scorpion i number I can remember is 02FD14, which I crewed in 81. It was not old and worn, however, as I had a vehicle in iirc the 04FD** range taken from me for Scorpoling during the summer. 02FD14 had evidently been Scorpoled more recently.

Alien

For the uninitiated, Scorpole was the programme by which the latest mods and upgrades were incorporated into the Scorpion fleet ie once done a vehicle was classed as 'Scorpoled'? I think I read somewhere the Chieftain equivalent was Bargepole?

Looks like this vehicle has been around a bit - I have some translated vehicle histories at home which will help so will have a look when I get in...

Timbo

I have to say from my PoV its in good condition. An obvious respray as merlin shows it in tan , the usual released items missing but otherwise pretty good. Starts and runs perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok heres a few bits and pieces. ODA is Ordnance Depot Antwerp ie storage. Most of the units are self explanatory, ie RTR is Royal Tank Regiment, 5 Inniskillen Dragoon Guards, BATUS is British Army Training Unit Suffield in Canada, QOY is Queens Own Yeomanry. BLMF MNGB is Banja Luka Metal Factory. This was the main base for MNGB (Multi National Forces Great Britain), part of Operation Resolute which was the deployment to Bosnia-Herzegovina to support the implementation of the Dayton Accord. Hope this is helpful...

Alien

the Chieftain equivalent was Bargepole?

Looks like this vehicle has been around a bit - I have some translated vehicle histories at home which will help so will have a look when I get in...

Timbo

You read it here, posted by me. That was wrong. It was Totem Pole. Chieftain, totem pole, geddit?

:)