Champ carb in a Dingo

Muddywheels

Hi- anyone any information on fitting a Champ carb (Solex 40 WNHEO) in a Dingo? Thought I'd solved my previous starting problems, but.....

I know Dingo carbs were sometimes fitted in a Champ, so it would seem to make sense that the reverse is also possible- just wondered if there were any fixing/ linkage differences.

thanks.

Hi- anyone any information on fitting a Champ carb (Solex 40 WNHEO) in a Dingo? Thought I'd solved my previous starting problems, but.....

I know Dingo carbs were sometimes fitted in a Champ, so it would seem to make sense that the reverse is also possible- just wondered if there were any fixing/ linkage differences.

thanks.

Have you read the previous post of Dingo rough running carb problems and the differences of a Champ carb

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?47635-Dingo-poor-running-problem&p=430641#post430641

Edited by Nick Johns

Have you read the previous post of Dingo rough running carb problems and the differences of a Champ carb

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?47635-Dingo-poor-running-problem&p=430641#post430641

Thanks- yes, saw that. Been through most of the options, but the only one I haven't tried is swopping over for a known good carb. Can't find a spare Dingo one, but I could buy a Champ one. Just wanted some info first if possible, before I buy one .

There are 2 types for the Dingo :

- early type SOLEX 40 ZNHPO (Mk1 + Mk2 Dingo)

- later type SOLEX WNHPO (Mk3 Dingo)

There is a "ZNHPO" type for sale at eBay :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-MILITARY-VEHICLE-SOLEX-40ZNHPO-S1227-CARBURETTER-DAIMLER-ARMOURED-CAR-/400875240010?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5d5606ba4a

Good luck!

$_57.JPG

This carb is one of a pair for the Daimler Armoured Car, not a Dingo. If I recall, jetting is different.

Thanks- yes, saw that. Been through most of the options, but the only one I haven't tried is swopping over for a known good carb. Can't find a spare Dingo one, but I could buy a Champ one. Just wanted some info first if possible, before I buy one .

The long and the short of the carb element of the Dingo thread is that the Dingo and Champ carbs have parts that are interchangeable but you cannot just fit a Champ carb. You could build one out of the two but then you don't know whether one of the unchanged parts was/is the problem.

- MG

Thanks everyone for the input on this- very helpful as always. Have gone with a replacement ZNHPO; I can substitute the jets with the ones on my current carb if necessary-these are fine and clean as a whistle. Should at least be able to narrow down the options now.