Leyland compressor fitted to 600 power plus

mudlid

morning all

I have a Scammell Explorer with a leyland 600 power plus fitted. the engine is fitted with a leyland twin cylinder compressor part number 810001. the rear oil seal has gone in it and I thought while I was doing the seal I might as well refurbish the unit. does anyone know where i can get spares kits for these please? i have trawled the net but to no avail

thanks

mudlid

Are you sure it is a Leyland compressor? Not maybe a standard Clayton Dewandre? If a bought-in unit Leyland would have given it, and all components, their own Leyland part numbers. Just as a Cummins 6B is a Leyland xxx. Might help in tracking parts down.

Try Bernie Smith, from Northamptonshire, sells on ebay but I can't recall his trading name at the moment.

Edited by N.O.S.

I did think it was a clayton its very similar but a search for that has been fruitless as well. it has got leyland cast into the crankcase which is what made me think it may be their own product. i enclose a picture if it helps

2015-04-30 17.40.08.jpg

Are you sure it is a Leyland compressor? Not maybe a standard Clayton Dewandre? If a bought-in unit Leyland would have given it, and all components, their own Leyland part numbers. Just as a Cummins 6B is a Leyland xxx. Might help in tracking parts down.

Try Bernie Smith, from Northamptonshire, sells on ebay but I can't recall his trading name at the moment.

thanks