Armoured Land Rover Series Evolution

MigGames

Could anyone I'm the know help me understand something?

What is the difference between VPK and HV VPK?

What is the difference between the VPK, HV VPK and the Piglet?

Also what we're the differences between all of the land rovers I have just stated and the Hotspur Land Rover?

And as a side note the Snatch Land Rovera were developed for northern Ireland so why then we're Tangi Land Rovers Also developed?

• 1 month later...

You are crossing over terminology and vehicles - piglets were army operated whilst Hotspurs & Tangis were designed, built, developed and constantly modified and retro updated by the Police Authority Workshops at Lislea Drive, Belfast. David Dunne's excellent book will give up a good view of the development of these armoured vehicles (including the reuse of Hotspur bodies in Tangis). The basic reason for the continuous development was that more and more sophisticated weaponry and techniques were used against them and up until the switchover to Tangi the concept had been to keep them looking as much like conventional Land Rovers as possible.

The archetypal view of a Hotspur was the "skirted" last variant with rounded roof before they switched over to angled roofs.

LON39730.jpg