Help with Ferret ID tag ?

joeferret

After 2 years of ownership I noticed another ID tag on my 1954 Ferret MK1....When I removed the hood to the engine compartment I noticed it....It is just above the engine area in the middle facing upwards...Between the 2 rear hatch windows...I will try to print out the information as it appears on the tag:

Cailayl ltd 6 63

403 409 FV 59468

Scrubs

?????? Eden N.W.10

Hard to read some of it....

Can anyone tell me anything about this please ?

Thank you.

So is it on the petrol tank or the hull? It sounds like a rather unremarkable part number (FV59468) identifier, possibly with a serial number and some other information on it.

Cheers,

Terry

On the gas tank...What intrigues me is the 63....I am wondering if the Canadian Army put a new gas tank in in 1963 ?

So is it on the petrol tank or the hull? It sounds like a rather unremarkable part number (FV59468) identifier, possibly with a serial number and some other information on it.

Cheers,

Terry

I don't know if your aware of the Ferret website on Face Book but last week a guy from Australia was trying to find other people in the country with Ferrets....

I am aware of the Facebook group, but I don't own a Ferret. Also, their intention was to try and start a Ferret owner's club, which I don't support, as it would make more sense for them to join existing military vehicle clubs in their area than to start a new one.

Cheers,

Terry

After 2 years of ownership I noticed another ID tag on my 1954 Ferret MK1....When I removed the hood to the engine compartment I noticed it....It is just above the engine area in the middle facing upwards...Between the 2 rear hatch windows...I will try to print out the information as it appears on the tag:

Cailayl ltd 6 63

403 409 FV 59468

Scrubs

?????? Eden N.W.10

Hard to read some of it....

Can anyone tell me anything about this please ?

Thank you.

Gallay Ltd, Scrubs Lane, Willesden, London NW10 radiator and tank manufacturers