b60 overheating?

haybaggerman

Hi All

Well 00ca40, (my ferret mk 1/2) is running really well now after a long battle with the b60. However, I am finding that on some runs the engine shows an over temperature intermittently.

For example, I took it out on saturday and the temperature went to max within 2 miles. I got to the garage to fill up after another 2 miles. When restarting the ferret the temperature sat at about 3/4 way up the gauge (can't remember is that about 190-200?) and stayed there for the rest of the trip home.

This is not a major problem of course but it is unsettling to see the temp so high. Has anyone else had this issue on their b series engines?

regards

Paul

Paul. It sounds either like a fault on the temperature sender or its leads. If the thing goes open circuit it reads max temp. Get an ohmeter & the sensor should read something like 200 ohms when cold.

Or you have a fault on the thermostat. Maybe take the thermostat out & see whether it still overheats.