M.B.T.

ashley

Hi Andy,

back in the old days when the museum was free i spent many a day there. These days i usually go 3-4 + times a year and as it was mt turn to amuse my little girl where else was there to go ???

Ashley

Well, Ashley, after my last posting under Other Chatter, I'm NOT going to say,' theres always Monkey world, just up the road........'. :lol:

I take it, you took these during one of the tanks in action days, ?

I must admit, I've just become a friend of, (tank museum), so not I get in free, and also have access to their libary;......when I can get down there.

Also, with the plans, for the new building, I get the feeling,(wrongly,I hope), we've seen the best days of bovington. I can remember climbing all over AFV's that were outside, - before all this compensation culture came along,- (thr frightening thing is, it wasn't ALL that long ago, really.)

Still, well worth a visit though,.......intrestingly enough, in sept, I did bovington and cobbalton, back to back, now that was a contrast; and no, in not going to say, which I enjoyed the most !!

Anyone go to the arms through the ages event, hosted there? (bovi)

Andy

Hi Andy,

i feel afraid that the big wigs of Bovi are to interested in thier corporate image in the busniess world and the Tanks come second place.

I am afraid i did not manage the armour through the ages.

I applied for a space for the local MVT group but was told no space was available unless we paid the entrance fee !! :evil:

Don`t mention Monkey world as my wife and i paid the entrance with our daughter and all she was interested in was `ice cream ` and the adventure playground!!!!

Ashley

Ashley,

Expensive Ice cream, from what I've been told................. :lol:

It will be a shame, if the new facilities, do turn Bovi, into a theme type park, catering to those with no real interest,- or causing a sense of displacement, ie, the removal, of the very real reason that those with a passion, go there for , Tanks on plinths, indeed !!

I have got along to a few of the evening lecture's in the past, the one's hosted by David Fletcher are (to me,) always interesting.

Only prob's with then, they are held on a thurs evening, and its a good 120 (ish) mile journey each way.

Oh well, who needs to sleep, anyways........... :roll:

I was down there, the weekend before their do, and an MVT group were camping there, then.

Andy

Hi andy,

if that was the `end of season` meet i was there.My jeep is easily noticed as it painted kahki and is in Royal signals markings (at the other end of the field from those GMC chappies :lol: :lol: )

Ashley

Now thats a good idea, :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

I'd second that.

Jack,.got your ears on, :?:

I'm sure,we'd all be prepared to spend a few beer vouchers on something that could/would 'break the ice', at any events visited.

Great thought, Karoshi.

Andy

Hi Karoshi,

i finally realised who you were when i tried to help out with your tent at the new forest meet :P next time i`ll make a point of an introduction posibly if your at the Poole Park meet on the 13th.

Ashley