Weymouth Veterans Weekend - Saturday 9th / Sunday 10th June

Yes Jack we will be there again, and this year we are coming down on Saturday morning with the Sherman as we have permission to run with the convoy to Portland Saturday afternoon, should make some good photos.At the moment not sure if the M24 Chaffee is going as well but I expect it will be.

Jim.

Yes Jack we will be there again, and this year we are coming down on Saturday morning with the Sherman as we have permission to run with the convoy to Portland Saturday afternoon, should make some good photos.At the moment not sure if the M24 Chaffee is going as well but I expect it will be.

Jim.

Good news Jim. Look forward to that and is Martin driving down on Saturday morning as well? Wouldn't mind meeting up with him and convoying down........

You are lucking driving to Portland! And what is wrong with the Chaffee?

Can anyone help with a contact name/address for this Weymouth event, please? I was thinking of combining a weeks holiday with participating with my Ford WOA2 car. Can anyone help with who I should contact?

Robert Davey

*robert.davey6 @ btinternet.com

*Email address edited by Jack - just made some gaps in it so it doesn't get picked up by Spambots......which will send you shed loads of spam.

Can anyone help with a contact name/address for this Weymouth event, please? I was thinking of combining a weeks holiday with participating with my Ford WOA2 car. Can anyone help with who I should contact?

Robert Davey

robert.davey6 @ btinternet.com

Hi Rob.

I will PM you the details now but it will be to late for this year as it is invite only as only a certain amount vehicles are allowed ( 90 I think) by Weymouth Council so it is a sort of invite only. It was WW2 gear as well but this year it has been opened up to Post War.

It is the show of the year for me - unmissable.

Cheers

Jack.

Jack, Martin will be driveing his GMC352 and 105 howitzer down on the Friday with Paul Gray also in a GMC352 and Pete Eakers in a Dodge weapons carrier. They normaly leave Bristol about 2 oclock and take the A37 if you want to meet up with them give us a call.

I will load the tanks on friday evening and travel down by car early Saturday to off load the tanks at the campsite.

Jim

Hi all,

had my name down for last few years but have never been invited :? most probaly through being a jeep owner given up asking now.

Ashley

Ash - do you want to jump up in the back of the Jimmy??

Hi All :wave:

Just got back from our travels and doing some catching up.

We will be there - HardyFerret and the Ferret, and I will be there from Tuesday to help with the camping - so please come and say hello. Do remember to speak slowly and clearly as I am terrible at remembering names and not as quick as I used to be ........... especially after some of the things that we have been doing while away, :whistle: but more of that some other time. Looking forward to seeing you there.

SUE

PS yes it is by invitation, so as to get as wider selection of vehicles as pos.

Wow :banana: I see the spell check is working again .......... thank heavens for that.

Jack

can you have a word with your good lady and ask her to preform her 'wonderful weather dance' for the weekend of Weymouth.

I can't be trusted to preform it properly as you saw what happend to the weather last weekend - maybe it was down to the wrong type of chanting..........

Are the Becket family staying over or just day visitors?

Hi Sue.

I will be there along with Jack Jnr and the 'ladies' will be there for the Sunday only as Bridie is in the middle of her finals......but maybe my brother in law will be joining Jess and I for the whole of the weekend.......

Saturday night she be a good night as the Dr (Jim - Allied Forces) is bring his Sherman down on the Saturday and reckons the Hardy Ferret and I will be able to sample some of the Whisky that he is bring :-D

Are you joining us?

Hi Jack

The mention of whisky........ always will grab the attention. :beer:

I will be taking our caravan to the camp site on Tuesday and will stay till end of show to help Rita with the camping admin. :adminpwr:

Jerry will be with the MVT crew in France - leaving this Friday1st until late Thursday 7th and will then bring the ferret down to Weymouth and stay for the weekend.

So hospitality at our caravan is allways on offer to you and yours when we are not doing the official type/parade things. Looking forward to Saturday night and seeing the Sherman.

Come on all you other HMVF pep's Come and say hello........... you may even catch a glimpse of Jack's Famous Pink Cushion :whistle: