Children, seatbelts and MVs

Thanks Nudge,

The Lightweight question was from back in 2007 but it's certainly interesting and useful to see that Exmoor have such a wide range.

Regards - MG

They are actually really helpful guys, i used them to get all the required seatbelts when i had my landy 110 station wagon. The kits come with spreader plates and all the bolts etc, although i did make my own spreader plates out of 6mm thick plate about 5inch square to go under the rear floor on the 110 (drilled for the supplied bolts), passed every mot with them.

At the end of the day i spose it all comes down to how confident you are at doing it yourself.

Way back in the 60's I had an Austin A60, no seat belts. The CO of RAF St Mawgan decreed all private car drivers should be belted up on camp. I got a seat belt kit from Exchange and Mart. One belt only, three 12mm bolts some big penny washers as doublers. It passed several MoTs untill I flogged it for a few pints.

So fit your own strong points, a good and workmanlike job will pass muster at any MoT station. With sympathetic engineering they could be removed for authenticty.

BillyH.....................