31 HF 77 Series 3 Land Rover 109 Data Card interpretation

robin craig

Dear All,

I have worked out some of this vehicle's history but I am looking for anyone's input that we can get to further flesh it out.

This vehicle has recently been purchased, by a friend, ex the estate of another local Land Rover chap for who I made a model of the vehicle many moons ago.

Here is the PDF that was received, if it doesn't turn out I will edit and repost so standby

R

Data Card 1.jpg

Data Card 2.jpg

Edited by robin craig

So, from what we can work out it's date into service (DIS) was January 1980.

It first went to the vehicle depot at Hilton on the 21st of February, is that the date it was received? How come the DIS was the month before?

So on the 11th of June 1980 it was sent to the 250 Field Ambulance in Hull who as far as I can see were a TA unit. Interesting as it is a left hand drive vehicle.

It didn't last long there as it was only October of 1980 and it was headed back to Hilton. Perhaps being left hand drive was an issue.

On the 14th of May 1981 it was headed overseas to Canada to the Ordinance Detachment at British Army Training Unit Suffield (BATUS), likely a more suitable place for a left hand drive vehicle to be used.

On the 7th of February 1984 it was sent to British Army Training Support Unit (Wainright) which was predominantly an infantry training area for the British Army.

On 31st Decemeber 1985 it is noted as going to be part of Exercise Trumpet Dance, this was an annual exercise down in Washington state in the US of A every winter.

The next entry is 26th September 1990 when it is shown back at Wainright, Alberta. Surely it wasnt left down inthe US of A for all that time?

What can anyone make out to help interpret the data?

What was it's original colour, was it matt green as indicated by "colour code 76"?

R

So, from what we can work out it's date into service (DIS) was January 1980.

It first went to the vehicle depot at Hilton on the 21st of February, is that the date it was received? How come the DIS was the month before?

Is perhaps 21/2/80 the date entered for ADPCON?

A vehicle could be delivered some weeks earlier before it was confirmed onto the ADP = Automated Data Processing system which at the time was VESPER (Vehicles, Equipment, Spares, Provision, Economics, Repair)