Humber Pig flexible Brake Pipes

Rover8FFR

According to my parts catalogue the correct items are

LV6/MT1/AU/LK/4904 & 4906 x 2. (Front)

LV6/MT1/AU/LK/KL4 9808. (Rear)

I found these on eBay for a Ferret and wondered if they parts matched?

I have take off items for spares, but wondered if these NOS items are the same????

Can anyone help?

I have take off items for spares, but wondered if these NOS items are the same????

Can anyone help?

Can you send the link

They look very nice Wayne & look newly manufactured from a trusted supplier (Marcus Glenn)

But they are not the same as Humber I'm afraid

The Ferret ISPL just gives the NSNs but not the Lockhead numbers & as you have found your Humber ISPL just has the VAOS-Lockhead number.

The latest Ferret ISPL was published in 1969 after the implementation of NATO Codification, your Humber ISPL was published before this in 1960.

However the Hornet ISPL although pre-dating full codification (which was a slow rolling process) was published in 1962 & contains many NSNs that were uncodified in 1960.

You really need to get a copy of WO Code No.13606......................may be able to help there :-D

I am sure the pipes I have can be re-used after some reconditioning etc. :-D

Sure about that? Be very wary of the front one under the radiator, this can only be assessed by dropping your belly plate if you'll pardon the expression.

Can anyone help?

When I required new brake hoses for my MUNGA not finding a supply I went to my then local hydraulic hose supplier with an old hose of each type required. They produced new stainless braded ones to my pattern parts with correct fittings at around the cost of off the shelf items, job done.

When I required new brake hoses for my MUNGA not finding a supply I went to my then local hydraulic hose supplier with an old hose of each type required. They produced new stainless braded ones to my pattern parts with correct fittings at around the cost of off the shelf items, job done.

Were your end fittings Metric as I think that's where the old British Vehicles might struggle wit all the old Imperial fittings out there.

Its always worth a go though!

Anything can be done, but cost can be an issue of course :shocked:

Were your end fittings Metric as I think that's where the old British Vehicles might struggle wit all the old Imperial fittings out there.

I find most flexihoses are between two metal pipes.

If this is the case you can make the new metal pipes up with a metric end for the flexihose and an imperial end for the other connector.

Mike

Wayne,

There is no problem getting brake hoses made with Imperial type fittings, a number of companies producing them. One I have used in the past is this one;

http://www.nelsonstokes.com/products/brake-hoses.ashx

They may even have the spec. for the particular Lockheed number otherwise send them an old one as pattern. Brakes are essential and should not be compromised by a cost issue. Better to spend it on roadworthy items than radios or arms, etc.! ;)

cheers Richard

Spot on Richard, this was actually the company that made new hoses for Pigs in N.I. :D

I remembered the location but couldn't find where I had written the name. In fact Dale cleaned them out of their remaining stock :-(

But they would certainly be your best bet.

Wayne,

There is no problem getting brake hoses made with Imperial type fittings, a number of companies producing them. One I have used in the past is this one;

http://www.nelsonstokes.com/products/brake-hoses.ashx

They may even have the spec. for the particular Lockheed number otherwise send them an old one as pattern. Brakes are essential and should not be compromised by a cost issue. Better to spend it on roadworthy items than radios or arms, etc.! ;)

cheers Richard

Totally agree Richard about brakes, especially something this hefty :shocked:. Great contact and I will look into it for sure.

Spot on Richard, this was actually the company that made new hoses for Pigs in N.I. :D

I remembered the location but couldn't find where I had written the name. In fact Dale cleaned them out of their remaining stock :-(

But they would certainly be your best bet.

Thanks Clive. They should be a great place to start and produce the goods to the highest standards.

I'll know more as I start taking the brake system into strip down and evaluation.

Cheers both :-D