Canadian Slave adapter cable, Ferret related

When the Ferret was introduced into Canadian service it was the only vehicle with the central round style slave socket, which has become the NATO standard it seems.

The other vehicles in the CF (Canadian Forces) usage at the time had the American style with the two offset pins.

As I bumble around trying to assemble things for my Canadian Ferret I was pondering one day as to how the Ferrets could have been slave started by anything other than another Ferret if there was no adapter.

So, knowing there are some smart people on Maple Leaf Up I posted this question over there and CMPMAN aka Rob Love replied that my suspicion was correct and that there was a special short cable and that he happened to have one in his special shed.

I coincidentally had a trinket that turns out he could use so we did a swap by mail.

I am now the proud owner of a quite uniquely Canadian piece of kit for a Canadian Ferret.

My thanks go to Rob Love for his generosity.

Regards

Robin

Slave adapter 1.jpg

Slave adapter 2.jpg