FWD SU COE GS ‘Trudo’

TooTallMike

• 1 month later...

Had time a couple weeks ago to spend a couple hours tinkering on this truck, and managed with a funnel straight into to the pipe to the carb, to get it running. Obviously with no water it was only able to run for a few seconds - have now got all new pipes to put on the water system, so I can then fill the radiator up and have it running properly and then finally drive one of these for the first time!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got a couple of hours today to play about with the truck. Filled with water and sorted a couple of leaks, still got one to sort out at the water pump, which I believe looking in the manual is like a seal under a screw cap which you can tighten to just get rid of the drips. Still running from a funnel full of petrol, but had it running a lot better and used the hand throttle to keep it even. Need to tackle the Choke cable and I think un-cease the choke mechanism on the carb so it is easier to start. Attached is a link to a youtube video which I uploaded of the truck running!