Hello all

Chrisjordan

I am after some help in identifying a trailer I bought a while ago, but first a bit about me: I'm not hugely into military vehicles but have had a variety of 'Series' Landrovers over the years, the first was a 1958 2L diesel LWB that seven of us toured around what then was Yugoslavia (Rather slowly!). Then when we moved to the Welsh hills we had a 1956 SWB petrol which was our daily transport for ages. Next was an ex-military 1974ish Safari petrol which came from somewhere up in Scotland on the coast, a great landrover but it's chassis literally fell apart with rust... Steel,Ally and salt water don't mix well! The last was a 1980ish SWB diesel which was surprisingly fast and economical, but it did try to rattle your teeth out at tickover.

I'm also into ham radio and have had a variety of ex-mil radios, some of which worked, some didn't. But all interesting to experiment with.

As for the trailer, I bought it to lug firewood etc. and am pretty sure it's ex-military. A few photos are attached, anybody got an idea of what it is? There is there remains of a label that I think says 'SAR 19', it is transverse sprung,5 stud 14" wheels and seems to carry about half a ton ok.

It's such a useful trailer that rather than just use it until it falls apart, I thought it might make a nice restoration project, I like to keep things original so any info would be welcome.

Regards to all... Chris

IMG_4849s.jpg

IMG_4846s.jpg

IMG_4847s.jpg

IMG_4848s.jpg

I am after some help in identifying a trailer I bought a while ago, but first a bit about me: I'm not hugely into military vehicles but have had a variety of 'Series' Landrovers over the years, the first was a 1958 2L diesel LWB that seven of us toured around what then was Yugoslavia (Rather slowly!). Then when we moved to the Welsh hills we had a 1956 SWB petrol which was our daily transport for ages. Next was an ex-military 1974ish Safari petrol which came from somewhere up in Scotland on the coast, a great landrover but it's chassis literally fell apart with rust... Steel,Ally and salt water don't mix well! The last was a 1980ish SWB diesel which was surprisingly fast and economical, but it did try to rattle your teeth out at tickover.

I'm also into ham radio and have had a variety of ex-mil radios, some of which worked, some didn't. But all interesting to experiment with.

As for the trailer, I bought it to lug firewood etc. and am pretty sure it's ex-military. A few photos are attached, anybody got an idea of what it is? There is there remains of a label that I think says 'SAR 19', it is transverse sprung,5 stud 14" wheels and seems to carry about half a ton ok.

It's such a useful trailer that rather than just use it until it falls apart, I thought it might make a nice restoration project, I like to keep things original so any info would be welcome.

Regards to all... Chris

Ifor Williams P6 or P7 I think. Used by everybody, including the military I'm sure.