Smock Combat Windproof MK2 (Modified) Woodland DP

Enfield1940

No MoD contract number on label always makes me suspicious...........

Yes I'd noticed that. It may well be one made for private sale.

However, there's one here with a pretty much identical label + contract code:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MODIFIED-DPM-WINDPROOF-SMOCK-TANTALUS-/321502269813?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item4adb075175&nma=true&si=YDFsSO8myAQZtxBNh9ix0TmMXA4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I acquired the lightweight jacket (modified) that goes with this smock.I too have heard or been told,its SF issue,also that it was general issue trial kit, halted by the issue of mtp,and even that it is a copy or private purchase etc.Would be interested to know for sure the real explanation.Heres some pics of the jacket.IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

Appears in JSP 768 Operational Clothing Catalogue 2010 as "PONCHO, COMBAT Woodland DPM IRR, with no reference to Special Forces issue (the SAS windproof has the additional note "not for general issue"). Incidentally the cost guide for the Mk 2 Modified is £41.86 against £21.91 for the SAS Windproof. Also there is reference to a Desert version of the MK2 Modified with the additional note "Modified garment not yet procured" - I don't believe it ever was.