RAF vehicles in Palestine 1943

Blackpowder44

Itook some of my military bits to the Chideock at war event today. One of the people there had his RAF fathers album from his time in Palestine 1943-46 many pics of various aircraft and transport vehicles. John.[ATTACH=CONFIG]96555[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]96556[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]96557[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]96558[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]96559[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]96557[/ATTACH]

Hi if you are interested in the R.A.F. in the Middle East a Bryan Blow published a soft back A-4 size book in 1986 covering 19 (R.A.F) M.T. Company Squadron 1942 to 1956. The photos reproduced within its covers while not of to-days standard show what a huge variety of vehicles used by the R.A.F. Such as White 6 x 4 ten ton likewise Mack’s and F.W.D’s along with Bedford’s, Thornycroft and American long nosed Fords to name a few, There are only a few shots with airplanes in them over flying convoys

The book mentioned above is on 51 MT Co/Sqn, Bryan Blow has had two books on the unit, both very good.

The photo's in the OP are nice, and i can believe the snow, i've seen a photo of a RR Armoured Car covered in the snow. It was all good until it melted and turned the dirt tracks into swamps!