1916 FWD Model B, "British Body"

4x4Founder

Ran across this shot in my files of an FWD Model B in front of FWD headquarters in Clintonville. The notation says it's a 1916 with a "British Body." I know they were being purchased for the war at that time but can anyone explain what constitutes the "British Body" and is this truly it? The wheels and radiator shell confirm the year of the truck. The body does differ from the American cargo body, earlier or later, but I just wanted some knowledgable Brits to confirm or deny that it's a British pattern.

Anyone have any Militor pics to trade?

1916B_BritBodLR.jpg

Fuel tank shape and the body suggest US Army not British. Not the standardised B Type body though.

As far as I am aware the British FWD's were sent over without the body and were fitted with a locally made one.

I have some Militor pics to trade. See you at break (or PM or Email me if more convenient).

Edited by Great War truck

Fuel tank shape and the body suggest US Army not British. Not the standardised B Type body though.

As far as I am aware the British FWD's were sent over without the body and were fitted with a locally made one.

I have some Militor pics to trade. See you at break (or PM or Email me if more convenient).

I'm with you Tim, does not look 'British' and all the references I have seen have American vehicles shipped without bodies to save space.