Bsa wdb40

sim60

I know this is a very long shot but does anybody have a battery box or correct bike pump for the above they would consider selling as I have just brought one and that`s the only two bit`s missing, or do you have a photo of the pump so I know what to hunt for. Or a really big ask does anybody have a battery box that I could use as a pattern to get one made as I have a place that would make me one,if you have one(and don`t fancy the above and I would not blame you) could you let me have the dimensions(two are fairly easy as I can measure the holder) and a photo of where the slots are for the wires.

Thanks Simon

The B40 BSAs I have had didn't use a proper battery box.

The battery just sits on a small platform with a elastic type strap over the top of the battery and a metal flat hook arrangement which hooks on under the battery platform.

I use a rubber inner tube cut to length from the kids push bike as the elastic.

The tyre pump is the same as used for a push bike , but has a shorter barrel.

I think a push bike one could be shorten to suit.

The B40 BSAs I have had didn't use a proper battery box.

The battery just sits on a small platform with a elastic type strap over the top of the battery and a metal flat hook arrangement which hooks on under the battery platform.

The military B40 had a plastic or fibre glass cover which went over the battery then the rubber strap secured it, as I recall. Owned both mine in the early 1970's.

The military B40 had a plastic or fibre glass cover which went over the battery then the rubber strap secured it, as I recall. Owned both mine in the early 1970's.

I think the cover was supplied with the batteries of the day and fitted the battery purchased.

The new batteries now don't fit the plastic cover as they are not designed for it.

May be a repo motor bike battery supply co could supply a matching battery and cover if really wanted.

The flat metal hook is the same as used to hold equiptment inside other military vehicles.

If the poster has trouble I can take and post detail pictures.......I should be fitting a new battery in one of mine and getting it working this weekend.

I think the cover was supplied with the batteries of the day and fitted the battery purchased.

The new batteries now don't fit the plastic cover as they are not designed for it.

May be a repo motor bike battery supply co could supply a matching battery and cover if really wanted.

The flat metal hook is the same as used to hold equiptment inside other military vehicles.

If the poster has trouble I can take and post detail pictures.......I should be fitting a new battery in one of mine and getting it working this weekend.

Hi Ron,

The cover was a BSA part.

• 2 months later...