Post Normandy Blues......what next??

44GPW

I didn't go to Normandy this year, but have been there on five occasions, 1984, 1989, 1994, 2004, and 2009. That will do for a while.

2015 is the celebrations of the end of World War 2 and I have set my plans: ITALY. The Italian theater of operations have been sadly neglected for years. They have a big celebration in April each year: Colonna della Libertá / Gotica Toscana

http://www.goticatoscana.eu/IT/Eventi/La_Colonna_2014/colonna_della_liberta_2014.html

- well worth going to.

One downside of this celebration is that the weather can be fairly cold, and it can be rainy at times. We are a group planning on going in early June, or late May, starting in Stockholm, Sweden. We might take the way past Normandy and stay a few days before driving on to Italy. The Gothic Line is well worth visiting, and Monte Cassino is a must.

Pros: Nicer weather, friendly people, lower prices for everything, beautiful landscape, etc. etc.

Cons: Distance to drive

Goran N