1960 Pattern combat trousers size

hi, recently bought a pair of 1960 pattern combats in size 8 thinking they would fit, they were like a tent! anyway im sending them back but thinking of getting a size 5 which are described as being 34 waist and 32 leg. just wondering if the legs will be closer to a 34 which is about what i need as the size 8 had a 36 inch inseam at least....im also a 34 waist usually. cheers

cheers i have seen that before the size 8 trousers i already have are far too big and they are supposedly my size, like i said the legs were about 36 inches long, im just wondering if the size 5 would run a little longer in the leg than the advertised 32 inches i have seen. i realise they are about 5 foot 7 to 5 foot 11. im about 6 foot 1 and a bit and the size 8 which was supposedly 5 11-6 2 was far too long.

hi, recently bought a pair of 1960 pattern combats in size 8 thinking they would fit, they were like a tent! anyway im sending them back but thinking of getting a size 5 which are described as being 34 waist and 32 leg. just wondering if the legs will be closer to a 34 which is about what i need as the size 8 had a 36 inch inseam at least....im also a 34 waist usually. cheers

I'd ask the seller for the outside leg length , outseam, the length from the waist to the ankle .

The last size 8 I parted with were 68 pattern DPM and had a waist of approx. 94cm inside leg 89cm and outside leg 126cm

The last size 5 I parted with were 60 pattern DPM and had a waist of approx 88cm inside leg 78cm and outside leg 110cm

It goes without saying that sizes can vary so don't rely on the above and ask any seller for the measurements

Size 8 60 pattern trousers are designed for up to a 36 inch waist and have to be adjusted down using the tabs if you need them to be smaller. As regards length, they are designed to be quite loose anyway and to be used with gaiters or puttees, which would lose about 3 inches of leg length. So it sounds as if you do need a Size 5 but the only way to be absolutely sure is to try them on.