249 Signal Squadron (AMF(L))

craigderby

I've obtained the Merlin report for my Land Rover and it shows it spent around 7 years with 249 Signal Squadron (AMF(L)). I've done a bit of googling, but there isn't alot of info out there, so I was wondering if anyone might know much of their history, especially between 1985 and 1992 when the Land Rover was with them.

In addition, try to find contact details for a chap called Bob Morrison. Back in the day, apart from loads of articles on military Landrovers first on LROi and then LRW, he also had a few books regarding landies, especially leaf sprung ones, and early 110s.

When on LRW, he ran a series of articles and was always asking people to send him vehicle reg numbers of ex military Landrovers and if he had taken pics of the vehicle in question, he would do an article on it.

On his book 'Land Rovers in military service', on page 66, there is an article on AMF, and I can see 2 FFR 109s, vrn 87KB00, and 75KC99. In addition there is a lightweight, vrn 53HG77. The other vehicles in the article have no visible vrns.

Hope that helps.

regards

Martin

Edited by ltwtbarmy