Best quality spares

aikmanmosquito

Just bought a Jeep and obviously looking to buy some bits for to finish it. Now this may seem like a daft question but after playing with old Fords for many many years, I was wondering who or where does the best qualit bits, for instance bumpers etc, or are the parts made by the same crowd and sold by various dealers? In buying spares for my old Fords there were some suppliers who had poorer quality body panels, and I would prefer to buy as best quality Jeep parts as possible.

Most of the UK dealers sell repro parts from one source namely MD Juan.

Although this manufacturer has had some bad press in the past the current generation of body panels are to a better standard but will in some cases need some fettling to get a good fit. There are a couple of US dealers who advertise on the web who make the point that their stock is US made I've had experience of a few panels from them, they are good but expensive to buy and even more costly to ship and then pay duty on.

Go to the G503 forum and do some searches under the GPW MB technical knowledge section there has been plenty of discussion with regard to the quality of repro body panels.

Pete

For general parts in this country I would use Dallas Autos near Newbury or Universal Jeep supplies in Surrey.

Both companies I have found very helpful.

One or two others I would steer away from,but like most of us you will learn !!!!!

Good luck in you project.