Greetings from Canada to all Armor Enthusiasts!

Hello

new to the forum and would like to take a moment to introduce myself. I am a transplanted Englishman living now in the beautiful northern woods of British Columbia. Having done my stint in my youth I moved to Canada where I have made my living until late as a professional photographer. My interest in armor and in particular Sherman tanks has led me across Canada and the United States photographing and cataloging the many gate guard, monument and museum tanks. I intend one day to publish a photo essay of the many Sherman tanks here in Canada that stand tribute to the men and women who have served my adopted country proudly. I look forward to hearing from all and any photos or history of the Sherman in Canadian service and the monuments is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Lance

Dear Lance,

Welcome to the forum.

Your user name intrigues me enough to ask, did you serve in the Household Cavalry? If so, do you have photos from that time, Many of us here look after vehicles from those kinds of units and long for more detail of the service life they experienced.

Regards

Robin form Eastern Canada

Thanks for the welcome gents,

I spent most of my service astride a horse and followed that with a lackluster show jumping career that landed me in Canada after my service. I do have a bit of an archive from my service days and even then spent most of my time taking photos of chieftains and I am really dating myself here, centurions! Now it is the ubiquitous Sherman tank in all it's guises.

I am working on a photo study of Sherman's in Canada something along the lines of Harold Skarrups fine work. I have photo chronicled several of the gate guards over the years often times shooting the same tank again and again seeing how time, the elements and even the political mood of the country effects these noble beasts. I am far from done but I do hope my work will prompt the powers that be to realize that with very little money and a great deal of enthusiastic help from those of us fascinated with these tanks, they could be maintained and preserved in a manner befitting the men and women whose service they represent. Boy listen to me rattle on, just a frightening glance ahead for what my new friends have in store!

Thanks Again for the kind welcome

Lance