Hello from another LandRover nut with a few other memories

Hello All

I am Dick Hill, now living in Italy, at Montefortino in Marche, but before that i had my own repair business fr LRs in Wensleydale for over 18 years, having owned them for over 30 and starting on them when the S2A came out around 1964!

When foot and mouth closed my customers I had to find something else and was offered work by an Agency to repair USA Army vehicles in Europe. The contracts only lasted 6 months, but you then got a phonecall on the last Friday saying if you wanted 6 more you could move to...... , in this way I saw a lot of Germany, 18 months in Italy,6 in Belgium and 6 in Holland! While recovering from a broken leg I got a call from a guy in Wellington,Som asking if I would help open a new LR garage, so more pastures new! Now I have retired and can get back to converting my LR (a 1964 Dormobile) to a 200Tdi,5speed box and uprated axles. I have forgotten where I was so have started again. My favourite of the USA was the HEMMT whose wheels were taller than me and I am 6ft5!

I look forward to reading all your posts although I am really keen on the older big trucks.

Dick.