Not really military but with wartime service

Brooky

That wouldn't be the one that sat in Sam Loptons yard about 25 years ago?

Pete

Dont really know!!

It was sold by Westmorland Fire Brigade in the 1960's and spent some time at a Butlins holiday camp in North Wales as a kids plaything

It was rescued by a guy from Cornwall (now sadly passed away) from Wales and restored in the 1980's so it could very well be

Dont suppose you have any pictures (a long shot I know!!)

Dont really know!!

It was sold by Westmorland Fire Brigade in the 1960's and spent some time at a Butlins holiday camp in North Wales as a kids plaything

It was rescued by a guy from Cornwall (now sadly passed away) from Wales and restored in the 1980's so it could very well be

Dont suppose you have any pictures (a long shot I know!!)

no not the same one then, the one I'm thinking off was complete with hoses and ladder but needed restoring it was in the same yard that my Retriever came from. I did have a photo of it but I would not know where to start looking for it, If it still exists I suspect it's in the recesses of the loft along with the bats......don't ask.

regards

Pete

no not the same one then, the one I'm thinking off was complete with hoses and ladder but needed restoring it was in the same yard that my Retriever came from. I did have a photo of it but I would not know where to start looking for it, If it still exists I suspect it's in the recesses of the loft along with the bats......don't ask.

regards

Pete

Pete

I dont know!!

It was used at a Butlins camp in North Wales as a toy and then disposed of................. so it could be the one

Am picking the appliance up on Sunday and I know there is a large history file so we will see

Chris

Fantastic looking vehicle Chris.

Look forward to seeing you out and about!

Martin

Collecting it the morning.................cant wait!!

Going straight to Rustytrucks for a tidy up

Will be out and about next year, better get cleaning all the brass kit!!!

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the wonderful world of vintage Fire Engines! I have a 1937 Dennis myself. There are a few others on here with feet in green and red camps too!

Have had fire engines in the past and have returned to the fold

It will go very nicely with my 1963 S2 land Rover new to Westmorland and the Dodge Type A water tender my brother owns

All ex Westmorland machines!!

In fact the Dodge and the Leyland served together at Windermere

(Did you get your verification certificate OK?)

Kirkby Stephen 2013 049.jpg

appleby carnival 2012 026 (Medium).JPG