AEC Armoured Car Mk II /III

KevinT

Apologies if this is the wrong board for this post, if so perhaps one of the moderators could move it to the correct place.

Can anyone confirm the engine colour? Is it semi gloss black or green? I believe post re-paints were "duck-egg" blue.

Any suggestions or photos / links appreciated.

cheers

Kevin

HI

some where on the forum i was reminded that in the Museum of Army Transport we had a 1943 AEC 6 CYLINDER

given to the Army by AEC for instruction it remained untouched up to 2003 it was totally original and was painted black

as you say postwar reconditioned engines were painted duck egg blue or to be correct sky blue I hope helps

REGARDS WALLY

HI

some where on the forum i was reminded that in the Museum of Army Transport we had a 1943 AEC 6 CYLINDER

given to the Army by AEC for instruction it remained untouched up to 2003 it was totally original and was painted black

as you say postwar reconditioned engines were painted duck egg blue or to be correct sky blue I hope helps

REGARDS WALLY

Hi Wally,

Thanks for the confirmation. The reason for my original question is that I recently bought a model kit of the AEC Armoured Car Mk II, and there is little info as regards to the engine component colours. I have looked for restoration blogs but with little success in finding photos.

cheers

Kevin

HI KEVIN

After posting about the AEC engine colour I went to look up any thing i have on AEC MK3 ARMOURED CARS if you are

interested I have found two 1944 dated original tec drawings one on transportation and one a general side and front view

diagrams not alot of detail but if you want i can copy them and send them to you by post also a friend who worked for

me at the museum thinks he may have a old guide book with a colour photo of the engine

REGARDS WALLY