DVD - Destination Doha

Hair Bear

Hi All,

Anyone seen this DVD?

I'm thinking about getting it as I saw it when it was first broadcast in the 70's but I don't want to be dissapointed by it not being as good as I remember (if that makes sense!). Although only 2 episodes I hope it is far better than todays Discovery channel multi series offerings which are so full of staged incidents and seeded confrontations it'd difficult to describe any of it as watchable documentary (sorry, rant over):mad:.

Can anyone offer a review?

Thanks, Rob.

Hi All,

Anyone seen this DVD?

I'm thinking about getting it as I saw it when it was first broadcast in the 70's but I don't want to be dissapointed by it not being as good as I remember (if that makes sense!). Although only 2 episodes I hope it is far better than todays Discovery channel multi series offerings which are so full of staged incidents and seeded confrontations it'd difficult to describe any of it as watchable documentary (sorry, rant over):mad:.

Can anyone offer a review?

Thanks, Rob.

Hi Rob,

check this out and others

I remember Astran trucks and their depot up near Wrotham, there is a good book written recently all about the drivers and their exploits.

Reminds me when I used to drive from Glasgow to Turkey in an old volvo F88 then up to an F7 with trailers full of corn flakes and whisky lol. great days indeed freezing conditions to burning hot all in a 10 day round trip.