Scwimmwagen/Kubel kit?

Rick W

Question

13 answers to this question

Just asked russ and he can't remember what the company is called, his memory isn't the best on the planet ( on par with a goldfish comes to mind).

i'm sure it is the same one as Bodge mentions.

Russ did a Kommand car (KDF) a couple of years ago which was real good for a first attempt and he is collecting the parts to build another one, he has got a chassis & engine & box with a few panels at the moment & is just waiting for a decent body to come into work.

sorry

Berni

the older the beetle chassis the better & left hand drive, although it is real easy to do a right to left conversion. russ done his in an afternoon & he worked on the gravel drive as well.

i'll have to see if i can delve into the bowels of my pc & see if i can find any old photos that may show some detail

as for his memory he'd probably say 'what memory'

bless him

Berni

Reluctant as I am to direct to another forum (albeit an inferior one so its okay)... there's a replica for sale here

http://www.wwiireenacting.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28738

Sorry Jack don't hit me...

put that spanner down Jack...

Jack, JACK Nooooooooooooooo

Aaaaaaaiiiiiiieeeeeeeeieieieiaiaieieiewiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiia ooooooooof :computerterror:

Thanks Bodge the one on that website seems to be made of GRP from the description, the Kooblekars one is made of steel, which leads me to think there are two companys. Im thinking the GRP one would be cheaper, though not as nice as steel. Do Kooblekars export to UK. Any more info gratefully received 8-)

Taken a while to reply I know but a friend of mine went through all the research you have regards Kooblecar etc and then found an amazing guy in the Czech Republic.All steel and such good repro panels can be used to restore original Kubels.Can PM photos and also my friends email address as he is more than happy to share his information with you.Bumped into him yesterday and rembered at last to ask him!!!I must confess he ended up buying a real one and having this guy restore it.Progressing nicely by all accounts.

Let me know if you are still interested

Daren