Eden POW Camp - Malton, Yorkshire - March 3rd

For anyone in the Yorkshire area, several members of the WW2 Re-enactors NE and myself are attending Eden POW Camp Tomorrow ( March 3rd ). I'll have the jeep there and I think one or two others were planning to bring their WC51/52's.

For more details of the POW Camp, visit their site - EDEN CAMP

Hope to see you there. I'll post some pics after the weekend.

Steve

It would appear difficult to get WC54 owners to come out of hiding!!!! It was a good day too. Much better than the return trip which took and RAC van and two flatbed trucks!

Lynne's car broke a front coil spring on Saturday night going out for a meal, which also damage the tyre. The jeep gave us no trouble at all! The first truck that came to help suffered an electrics failure ( after everything was loaded! ) so we ended up with a second truck to get us home.

Steve

I'll add some pics shortly. Just need to resize and photobucket them. The show had good weather, but was fairly quite as I suspected for the beginning of March. Had a good turn out of re-enactors there, with quite a few Germans, some of whom we captured!

Back shortly with the pics.

Steve