RAF Coveralls

chevpol

Incredibly, I have an identical pair of these, sealed pattern et-all.....:D Interesting to see the small "swatch" of blue-grey drill attached to the label which my pair also have, suggesting that these were made in RAF colours too.....

"GDS" on the label is "Garment Development Section" that were at Woolwich, with other sites at Branston, etc, that evolved into the "Stores Clothing Research and Development Establishment" (SCRDE, latterly at Colchester) and then in April 1994 this in turn became "Defence Clothing and Textiles Agency" (DCTA)............

Have these got rubber buttons on the cuff ankles and down the front, i joined 64 we had blue / grey and green, some had rubber buttons some had big brass press studs- fantastic overalls, proper overalls which gave protection to oil spillage and had some warmth to them; and could be worn in the welding/ blacksmith shop without fear of melting !!

TED