possible bunker trip

I was just wondering if there would be any interest in a forum visit to Guernsey to visit Battery Mirus and other sites looked after by the festung Guernsey group,this could either be a day trip or an overnight as people wish but is obviously best out os holiday season so we would be looking at autumn /winter this year.I have visited Mirus and it is very impressive but not normally accessible so a rare opportunity and the island has many other bunkers etc to see all in a very small area

Nigel

Depending on cost - I'd be interested!!I will look into cost once I have had some more replies,obviously a 1 day trip is going to be cheaper than an overnighter ,there are some well priced flights from Southend to Jersey so I hope they do gsy as well and out of season if it has to be overnight accomodation should be reasonable

Nigel

nice link Tony,had a few good pints in the farmers over the years ,the Hedley videos are all good especially" take that Grouville",just makes me realise its well over a year since I was last over on the rock and really nee to go back

nice link Tony,had a few good pints in the farmers over the years ,the Hedley videos are all good especially" take that Grouville",just makes me realise its well over a year since I was last over on the rock and really nee to go back

Ah Mon V! Happy days'A? Nothing like Mary Ann Special, you can stuff the Randalls rubish! :D

If your planning to go from the deep south, what about the Condor Fast Ferry from Poole? They are making resonable offers at the moment.

its a matter of time really ,if we fly its less than an hour by condor its a 3 hour+ trip each way so for one day its not really feasible plus for me I have had some rather bad experiences with condor including a cancelled return trip from st Malo because there were only 25 people booked on the boat causing a long drive to Caen to get home plus more expense as we had to pay for an overnight cabin and finally customer services would not even reply to my emails and no phone number is available,so its flying or Brittany ferries for me every time