Vehicle Div Markings.......

LeeEnfield

Hi All,

Right o,..I've a blank canvas,..........well, ok, so its green and an MW, :-) its going to gain some 'micky mouse', black blobs, but I'm looking for size and placement of Div markings, also the other markings that were in place at the time.

Div is 11th Armoured.

Arm of service is RASC.

Any idea who can supply stencils, thinking mainly of the 'charging bull', emblem.

Cheers for any help;

Andy

I'm looking for size and placement of Div markings, also the other markings that were in place at the time.

Div is 11th Armoured.

Arm of service is RASC.

Any idea who can supply stencils, thinking mainly of the 'charging bull', emblem.

Andy,

RASC units within 11th Armd Div, from '44 onwards, consisted of;

Divisional RASC figure 80 over the red/green diagonal tac sign

29th Armoured Brigade Company figure 81.......

159th Infantry Brigade Company figure 82.........

Divisional Transport Company figure 83........

On your Bedford, the above unit tac signs go on drivers side, front and rear. The 11th Armd Div sign goes on passenger side, front and rear.

Sizes, from memory, unit sign is 8.5 inches high, 9.5 inches wide and numerals are 6 inches high.

Formation sign (Division, Brigade, etc) should not exceed 8.5 ins high and 9.5 ins wide.

When I painted the 11th armd Div bull on my motorcycle, I used a shoulder flash and drew up an enlarged copy, then hand painted.

Richard

Thanks Richard,

Knew someone would know,............. :-D

Guess your drawing is better than mine, but thats a good idea, using a shoulder flash.

Pics I've seen on tanks, all show bulls head to left, when looking at front of vehicle, not seen a pic showing rear view,...........am assuming its reversed, ie, head to right.

Again, cheers mate.

Andy

Pics I've seen on tanks, all show bulls head to left, when looking at front of vehicle, not seen a pic showing rear view,...........am assuming its reversed, ie, head to right.

Andy,

Shoulder flashes are head to left and head to right, so he is always facing forward on the battledress blouse, but I think on the vehicles the head is always to the left, but stand to be corrected.

Richard