Ward La France open cab dash

R Cubed

Question

9 answers to this question

Check page 13 and 14 of the Ward LaFrance gallery pics in the wrecker section. They are of my truck, hope this helps.

John G

Not quite good enough, need square on pics showing detail of all the gauges on the dash, hope you have some lurking around.

Thanks for the links.

I can take some this weekend. The temp gauge in my truck is not original and is going to be replaced, however all the gauges are in their proper places. Also, TM 9-796 on pages 16 and 18 have pictures of the gauges.

John G

Edited by 42 chevy

Hi All

Nice Ward lafrance, currently nearly finished restoring its smaller brother the Diamond t 969a, Can l pick your brains and ask where do you get the Brass Data plates from as most of mine are taty or missing. Is there a Company based for this sort of thing or a oneman band? any info would be great. The dash panel pic on this thread shows them as if they are new.

Regards Michael

Great pics thanks for the effort good pics of what I needed.

One other thing how do the wiper motors work are they powered by air pressure and not vacuum ? a couple of pics would be great.

Thanks

They are powered by air. I can get pics this weekend. Do you also need pictures of the air supply line(s) to the wipers?

For data plates, I have used this gentleman in Poland, several members on this forum have used him on my recommendation with positive results.

Robert Dudkowski, his email: horne@poczta.fm

Here is a link to my restoration blog showing his work for the data plates on my 969A.

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?9939-the-restoration-begins-on-the-969A/page3

John G

That would be great and if you can take some pics of the air connections to the wiper motors and also the route up the windscreen to them.

They are powered by air. I can get pics this weekend. Do you also need pictures of the air supply line(s) to the wipers?

John G